Saturday, March 14, 2009

Eating What's in Season - Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

I thought I'd add a few recipes to my blog, primarily using the fruits and veggies and meat we grow, but I found a recipe for Asparagus in my favorite foodie magazine "Eating Well" which I made last night and it was sooo good! We all love asparagus in this house and I usually steam it or roast it, but this was really outstanding.

16 spears asparagus (about one bunch)...I used two!
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
very thin slices of prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise.

1. Preheat grill ( I use a grill pan and I love it)
2. Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap one length of prosciutto around the middle of 4 asparagus spears. Repeat, making lots of bundles. Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus in tender and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.

SOOO Good. I just left the plate on the counter and all the bundles were gone in minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment