Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunny March day, Again.

I'm sure you readers...(mom, dad?) have been saying to yourself, "I wonder what Deb has been up to on this beautiful day?" Well, maybe you haven't thought that, but I'll tell you anyway!
I set my sights low for the day, there was a light dusting of snow, it was a chilly morning. I had hoped to maybe enlarge the broilers brooder, they are getting BIG. I had hoped to maybe plant a few seeds for the growing lights in the basement. Not much else...but by noon it was almost 50 degrees again, so outside I went.
I planted a row of snow peas (Oregon Sugar Pod II) behind the Little Marvels I had planted last week, and I added a few more paths to my garden. Can you see the pea coming up in the picture? I also managed to clean out one of my raised beds. It is kind of hard to get a lot done (when you are me). I walk away to get a tool and end up getting distracted by some other thing in the yard..or I go over to the neighbors to see what they are up to. It's all good though. Nothing is that important that it can't wait til I wander in that direction again.
In the chicken department, I introduced greens which didn't go over well. I tried carrot tops, strawberries and chives. But I see they are just drying up in the chickens little brooder. The hens are growing so tame, if I put my arm in the hen box they run up it to look me in the face. I also gave the hens a little window and put their box up next to the slider so they can look out.
It ended up being a good day, think I'll sit down and read for a while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment