Thursday, May 7, 2009

Are You Ready for some Football??


That's what I think every time I walk out to visit the frankenchickens and I call to them. They charge at me with their fat little bodies waddling, it's hard not to laugh. (Sorry chickens). Since I've put them on a diet two weeks ago they seem much happier...they peck at the ground and wander around like a good chicken should, but, alas, they only have six more days till, you know.
I've learned a lot about raising these meat chickens, and I'm eager to do it again. The biggest lesson is...restrict their diet! I've lost two chickens to heart attacks and one chicken (Hank) lost the use of his legs as they could not support his body. I keep him in the garage in the "infirmagatory"...which is half infirmary and half pergatory.

On another note. I have been thinking about paths in my yard for some time. When I look out my kitchen window I just see grass, grass, and more grass and I feel like it needs to be broken up. With that in mind, here is a before picture and I will post an after picture in, oh, maybe a week?? Hopefully?? I have it all planned out...

And, I took an updated picture of the lovely chicken tractor my hubby built. Now it has wheels, and he put a removeable pipe in the front to move it around. He's pretty clever. I'm decorating it with "fresh egg" signs.

4 comments:

  1. I'm just checking my comments as some people cannot comment on my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything I sould know about this backyard project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No dear, I have it handled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddd!
    We need to build a chicken tractor for my chickens!

    ReplyDelete